Saturday, February 15, 2014

"A Dungeons & Dragons Adventure" part 4, 1981.

My initial intention was to keep the D&D video game posts for the weekdays and these less labour-intensive related D&D comic-book-style ads for the weekends, but I think this is my first opportunity to actually make it happen this way. I don't have much qualifying context for these ads, merely transcriptions -- and lemme tell you, once Google Images has OCR capability, this blog is toast!
DEEP IN THE DUNGEON, INDEL THE ELF COMES FACE TO FACE WITH A HUGE DRAGON!
D: GREETINGS, MORTAL WORM!
I: ULP!

WHILE ELSEWHERE HIS COMPANIONS SEARCH FOR HIM...
S: MY POWERS TELL ME THAT HE'S BEHIND THIS DOOR.

V: THEN WE MUST GET THROUGH!

A MIGHTY BLOW FROM THE FIGHTER'S SHOULDER OPENS THE DOOR WITH A CRASH TO REVEAL...
G: -- INDEL!
G: GOOD WORK, VALERIUS!

V: NOW IT'S YOUR TURN, DRAGON!

D: THE GREAT SWORD NARIL!
D: STAY YOUR HAND, WARRIOR! YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS MAY LEAVE IN PEACE!

I: WHAT A DAY!
S: COME! GAVIN'S INN HAS A WARM FIRE TO RELAX BY.
THE END
WATCH FOR INDEL AND HIS FRIENDS IN UPCOMING DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS ADVENTURES--!

Did I mention GOG's D&D video game sale? For the next two days, you can get basically $100 worth of games for $20... the more you get, the steeper the savings. Times like this I wish I'd followed through on my inquiries about compensation for referral traffic to them, since now I'm just shilling pro bono! Still, it's acutely relevant and I like to think it's of interest to my, er, stonily silent readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment