Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"Splatterhouse", TurboGrafx-16, 1990.

Resolving this little spree, why not fulfil the trend you've been observing this week and indeed end where we began? Now I need to wrap up this blog by next October, since I just exhausted all of my ads for disturbing games. That or get more comics and scan them! Not much more to say about this title, but to note that it has one of the greatest warnings of all time: "The horrifying theme of this game may be inappropriate for young children...and cowards."
It was the mansion of Dr. West...
but those who knew it better called it the...

SPLATTERHOUSE
Jennifer: "West may have been the best parapsychologist in our field.
... but do we have to visit his old home? It gives me the creeps!"
Rick : "Think of it as a school research project! Besides, the house is empty... what can happen?"
Jennifer: "EEEEEEEEE"
Rick : "Jennifer! What -- what is it?"
GRRROWWWE!
After a fight in the dark...
Rick: "What... what happened to me? What happened to Jennifer?
My head... something's wrong... Can't see straight! What's the matter...
ARRGGGHH
My face! It's covered with... the terror mask!"
The terror mask... legend tells that the wearer is granted vast power... but can't remove it!
Rick: "If I take it off, I may never get Jennifer back!
Rest in pieces, you ugly slimeballs! Nothing can keep me from getting Jennifer back!"
Monster: "Oh... yeah?"
Jennifer: "I'm as good as dead... unless you can help Rick rescue me... in the all-new --
TurboGrafx-16
Splatterhouse
"
There's something about double-spread centrefold mini-comic ads -- specifically, that both of them that I've found so far have been for the TurboGrafx-16 platform! We know that the venture was a failure, but why, when this advertising technique is clearly such a winner?

No comments:

Post a Comment